Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trent3322

Grizzlies shopping Mayo.......again

206 posts in this topic

OJ Mayo has always had his mind right, he has been NBA ready since I say about 17 years old. If you are hoping OJ won't get dealt your going to be disappointed.

Where there is smoke there is fire. One executive said if Carmelo Anthony gets traded to Knicks, then many knee jerk reaction trades will follow and there is a good possiblity that knee jerk reaction will be Paxson calling up Heisley trying to get OJ Mayo talents to the Windy City.

The sun will coming shining on the star that is OJ Mayo, can't wait.

You know, Ive never seen you not defend OJ. When are you going to answer my question?

Avoiding it, Yes?

You know, Ive never seen you not defend OJ. When are you going to answer my question?

Avoiding it, Yes?

I don't avoid questions, moreso ignore them, if they are negative vibe OJ Mayo related post. I only respond to positive vibe poster ( which most have noticed) , which essentially kills the theory that some have concocted that I am an attention seeker. 100% false, I am a fan like yourself and everyone else here nothing more. I lay out the facts, either one can take it and be enlighted, or reject it. Those who want to be enlighted I am on their side, those who wont to be ignorant, then you can say hello to the ignore list which is every so growing.

But i'll answer your question, this will be the last negative Mayo question i'll answer.

I didn't watch any of the 10 games that OJ was suspended, so I am only going by past references. Hollins has always called more set plays for Sam Young than OJ. Sam Young IQ basketball wise is so low, that he is a one dimensional scorer ( which is ideal for a 6th man). It doesn't matter if you don't call a play for Young when he touches the ball it is tunnel vision and all he sees is the rim. Of course he is going to score. When I mean score for his talent level, he was averaging what 12 or 13 ppg. Did it efficently at what 47%. However, has 0 3 point range ability, when against good teams, not bottom feeders like the majority of the games were when OJ was gone, teams will really pack in the lane on Z-bo. LOL, Kobe Bryant will let Sam Young shoot all day from the perimeter 1st round , and then laugh at you fans saying " This is the guy you say is better than my student OJ Mayo". Also Bruce, keep in mind no team has a legit scouting report on Sam Young. They want Sam Young to beat them

OJ Mayo on the flipside is basically the anti Sam Young. OJ has soo much basketball IQ. He needs a play called for him or needs to know that coach wants the ball in his hands before he will make a play ( something holllins refuses to do) . Also Mayo isn't some chucker like Jamal Crawfrod, this is why he isn't a good six man. I have stated in the past he reminds me so much of Brandon Roy in a sense he picks and chooses his spot all through the game. He needs big big minutes 35-40 minutes before his stats will add up. And in the clutch he will make play after play, justs go into beast mode.

The scary part is he is more talented than Brandon Roy. That's truely is the scary part.

9 days.

I don't avoid questions, moreso ignore them, if they are negative vibe OJ Mayo related post. I only respond to positive vibe poster ( which most have noticed) , which essentially kills the theory that some have concocted that I am an attention seeker. 100% false, I am a fan like yourself and everyone else here nothing more. I lay out the facts, either one can take it and be enlighted, or reject it. Those who want to be enlighted I am on their side, those who wont to be ignorant, then you can say hello to the ignore list which is every so growing.

But i'll answer your question, this will be the last negative Mayo question i'll answer.

I didn't watch any of the 10 games that OJ was suspended, so I am only going by past references. Hollins has always called more set plays for Sam Young than OJ. Sam Young IQ basketball wise is so low, that he is a one dimensional scorer ( which is ideal for a 6th man). It doesn't matter if you don't call a play for Young when he touches the ball it is tunnel vision and all he sees is the rim. Of course he is going to score. When I mean score for his talent level, he was averaging what 12 or 13 ppg. Did it efficently at what 47%. However, has 0 3 point range ability, when against good teams, not bottom feeders like the majority of the games were when OJ was gone, teams will really pack in the lane on Z-bo. LOL, Kobe Bryant will let Sam Young shoot all day from the perimeter 1st round , and then laugh at you fans saying " This is the guy you say is better than my student OJ Mayo". Also Bruce, keep in mind no team has a legit scouting report on Sam Young. They want Sam Young to beat them

OJ Mayo on the flipside is basically the anti Sam Young. OJ has soo much basketball IQ. He needs a play called for him or needs to know that coach wants the ball in his hands before he will make a play ( something holllins refuses to do) . Also Mayo isn't some chucker like Jamal Crawfrod, this is why he isn't a good six man. I have stated in the past he reminds me so much of Brandon Roy in a sense he picks and chooses his spot all through the game. He needs big big minutes 35-40 minutes before his stats will add up. And in the clutch he will make play after play, justs go into beast mode.

The scary part is he is more talented than Brandon Roy. That's truely is the scary part.

9 days.

I like OJ Mayo as much as the next guy, but we beat some good teams during that span and also we won on the road. When OJ got 10 or more shots, we WON. When Sam and TA get 10 or more shots, we win. The thing with TA and Sam is that they are good defenders. OJ is a liability on D against quick PGs and bigger SGs. The Grizz will not just give him away. They hold all the cards.

9 days.

I never said Sam was better than OJ. Said he is making him his *****. If OJ is so good talent wise as well as basketball IQ wise then why doesn't he create for himself?

I think you need to watch Sam play before you say some things. He actually is a decent 3 point shooter. Also, he does pass the ball and his assists ove the past games have been right on par with OJ mayos.

I think OJ has way better potential than Sam ever will.

But he isn't showing it. You give him so much props for being multi dimensional yet he has to have plays ran for him to be effective?

Also, you need a run down on Hollins offense. Sam has been running the same plays OJ has. Your naive to think that the plays Sam is running are any different than what OJ had to run. Sam picks his spots.

I'm not trying to sound negative towards OJ. I'm trying to find out exactly yo have been watching :P

Sam does have a scoring mentality. Its what OJ needs to have.

I cosign what Bruce said. I do belive that OJ has alot of potential as a player and much more potential than Sam who is finally playing the way I though he would. But, potential doesn't matter as much anymore. How a player is producing is much more important. And, OJ hasn't been producing much on the court while he was playing. I will say that I know OJ is definitely capable of playing better than he has.

With that said if we do keep OJ I believe in the long run that his struggles this summer and this season will make him a much better player and, make him a more mentally tough player. Hopefully the maturity that he displayed in the past will kick in again.

I think alot of people tend to forget that he's only 23. While he has been in the league for almost 3 years OJ hasn't experienced a stretch this rough since the early part of his freshman year in college and that wasn't nearly as bad as what's happening now.

I cosign what Bruce said. I do belive that OJ has alot of potential as a player and much more potential than Sam who is finally playing the way I though he would. But, potential doesn't matter as much anymore. How a player is producing is much more important. And, OJ hasn't been producing much on the court while he was playing. I will say that I know OJ is definitely capable of playing better than he has.

With that said if we do keep OJ I believe in the long run that his struggles this summer and this season will make him a much better player and, make him a more mentally tough player. Hopefully the maturity that he displayed in the past will kick in again.

I think alot of people tend to forget that he's only 23. While he has been in the league for almost 3 years OJ hasn't experienced a stretch this rough since the early part of his freshman year in college and that wasn't nearly as bad as what's happening now.

He never hit the rookie wall? Yeah, his draft stock dropped way low in college. Wasn't really spectacular in USC.