Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Memphofan

.500 Long Gone??

BigSim50    0

I seriously think we need to part ways with Lionel Hollins before it's too late. He's been doing a good job keeping the Griz afloat, but he's just not the guy who's going to take the Griz to the next level.

GTG    0
I seriously think we need to part ways with Lionel Hollins before it's too late. He's been doing a good job keeping the Griz afloat, but he's just not the guy who's going to take the Griz to the next level.

I agree. I know he seemed good for awhile, but honestly, Ivy isn't that tough of an act to follow.

Hollins is killing the team.

GTG    0
I want to know who this brilliant coach is that everyone's wanting to bring in.

Mike Brown

GTG    0
Season is over for Grizz.. to many games we should have won and lost becasue our players, coach, and owner are stupid. Go Tigers..

Fixed.

So does anyone think this team still can make it back to .500 at some point this season or will they never see it again?

Like the article in today's paper said, the next 15 games is our best chance. All anyone can do is wait and see. But if we don't sniff it by then, then I think the answer is no.

BigSim50    0
Season is over for Grizz.. to many games we should have won and lost becasue our players are stupid. Go Tigers..

I'm not really that thrilled about the Tigers either unfortunately....

Same story for Tigers. Do I need to bring up SMU or barely beating East Carolina?

GTG    0
Yeah, with 40 games left in the season and 3 games out of the 8th seed, the season is definitely over.

It is when we have a terrible, completely incompetent coach and mediocre roster who lose countless games that SHOULD have been victories.

What do you expect to happen over the next 40 games? We just MAGICALLY start winning?

Doesn't work like that.

new_skool91    0
It is when we have a terrible, completely incompetent coach and mediocre roster who lose countless games that SHOULD have been victories.

What do you expect to happen over the next 40 games? We just MAGICALLY start winning?

Doesn't work like that.

Exactly. It's OVER. Completely. Forget our +/- and all the other analytics that suggest that we end up about 2 games over .500 for the season. This one loss on the last two plays of a game that we had a predicted 34% chance of winning seals it for the season for us.

GTG    0
Exactly. It's OVER. Completely. Forget our +/- and all the other analytics that suggest that we end up about 2 games over .500 for the season. This one loss on the last two plays of a game that we had a predicted 34% chance of winning seals it for the season for us.

You know, there IS a difference between fanship/optimism, and just blind foolishness. ;)

Anyone can tell this team is not Playoff ready. And since our BRILLIANT ( <_< ) owner refuses to change up his masterpiece of a team, we have no chance.

GTG    0
Shut you down pretty quick with that one huh GF? LOL

The awkward internet silence is priceless! :lol:

Trust me guys.

Its already in the works.

Larry Brown will be the coach soon and Chauncy Billups and Rip Hamilton will be your starting backcourt in about a week and a half from now.

You know Heisley loves to acquire players/coaches past their prime.

GF#1    0
Shut you down pretty quick with that one huh GF? LOL

Because I didn't respond within 30 seconds? I think it's hilarious that Mike Brown is the only name people can come up with. What was his coaching philsophy in Cleveland? What was he known for? Because all I remember is isolating LeBron up top and letting him run the show. What on Earth makes him qualified to coach a bunch of guys who are no where near LeBron's level?

The same people who say that the slightest bit of success this team has had was because of Zbo and NOT Lionel Hollins would probably jump all over Mike Brown when he wasn't even slightly responsible for the success of those Cleveland teams with LeBron.

Marc Iavaroni could've consistently gotten to the Eastern Conference Finals with those teams.

Trust me guys.

Its already in the works.

Larry Brown will be the coach soon and Chauncy Billups and Rip Hamilton will be your starting backcourt in about a week and a half from now.

You know Heisley loves to acquire players/coaches past their prime.

:lol:

GTG    0
Because I didn't respond within 30 seconds? I think it's hilarious that Mike Brown is the only name people can come up with. What was his coaching philsophy in Cleveland? What was he known for? Because all I remember is isolating LeBron up top and letting him run the show. What on Earth makes him qualified to coach a bunch of guys who are no where near LeBron's level?

The same people who say that the slightest bit of success this team has had was because of Zbo and NOT Lionel Hollins would probably jump all over Mike Brown when he wasn't even slightly responsible for the success of those Cleveland teams with LeBron.

Marc Iavaroni could've consistently gotten to the Eastern Conference Finals with those teams.

Alright, lets reverse the question then, shall we?

What in your mind makes Hollins even remotely capable of bringing this team to the next level (the Playoffs)? He has no defensive strategy whatsoever (a few of our guys have just really picks up on their stealing skills), his offense completely revolves around dumping the ball to Zach, or allowing Gay to go one-on-one, his rotation patterns are completely random, and overall, he simply lacks leadership.

GF#1    0
Alright, lets reverse the question then, shall we?

You make a claim that we should go after Mike Brown without providing one significant reason why he would be a good hire? Without discussing what his strategy would be and why he would be better for our players? How about you address your claim that Mike Brown would be a good hire with something meaningful. Then I might actually consider responding to question you posed.

Coach is not the problem its the players, we have some stupid guys on the team. They are talented but have no basketball IQ or IQ at all im sure.

The real problem is that it is a mixture of both players and IQ.

You had a better PG..Rudy Gay being a not-so-smart basketball player wouldn't matter as much.

You make a claim that we should go after Mike Brown without providing one significant reason why he would be a good hire? Without discussing what his strategy would be and why he would be better for our players? How about you address your claim that Mike Brown would be a good hire with something meaningful. Then I might actually consider responding to question you posed.

Had two consecutive 60 game seasons, finals appearance with dipsht roster and LeBronze, defensive stalwart.