Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grizball

Mem / NJN

MEM gets: Favor, Murphy, T.Williams, Ross

NJN gets: Mayo, Randolph, Haddadi

This deal is more about OJ for Favor. Forget about Melo! He is just toying with NJ and will never agree to a contract extension. OJ could be a good fit and become a star in NJ. Sending Randolph there is just a sweetener to the deal. With OJ and Z-Bo added to the core of Lopez, Harris and Outlaw, NJ has the pieces to make the playoffs in the East if the trade happens soon. They can let Z-Bo go after one season if things don't work out. But getting to the playoffs will certainly be a big thing to their new Russian owner. Haddadi will get a chance to fight for minutes at the backup C spot. I think this guy can play, but it is just not happening in MEM. As for MEM, we get a good young player in Favor at the 4 spot. Favor, Arthur and Murphy could make a solid rotation at the 4. Murphy can even play some 5. Williams is a wild card. If he behaves and works hard, he could be a very good backup swingman on this team. He may even get a chance to be the starting 2. If this trade does come true, our next trade should be sending Allen to a playoff contender.

MEM gets: Favor, Murphy, T.Williams, Ross

NJN gets: Mayo, Randolph, Haddadi

This deal is more about OJ for Favor. Forget about Melo! He is just toying with NJ and will never agree to a contract extension. OJ could be a good fit and become a star in NJ. Sending Randolph there is just a sweetener to the deal. With OJ and Z-Bo added to the core of Lopez, Harris and Outlaw, NJ has the pieces to make the playoffs in the East if the trade happens soon. They can let Z-Bo go after one season if things don't work out. But getting to the playoffs will certainly be a big thing to their new Russian owner. Haddadi will get a chance to fight for minutes at the backup C spot. I think this guy can play, but it is just not happening in MEM. As for MEM, we get a good young player in Favor at the 4 spot. Favor, Arthur and Murphy could make a solid rotation at the 4. Murphy can even play some 5. Williams is a wild card. If he behaves and works hard, he could be a very good backup swingman on this team. He may even get a chance to be the starting 2. If this trade does come true, our next trade should be sending Allen to a playoff contender.

I seriously doubt NJ will part with Favors. However I do like them as a trading partner; because I expect them to be out of the playoff hunt by mid season, so they may want a large expiring contract like Zbo's. I would propose the following:

Memphis sends:

Zach Randolph ($17 million expiring)

O.J. Mayo (young, inexpensive combo guard - needs a change of scenery)

Demarre Carroll (need this contract to make the dollars work)

NJ sends:

Troy Murphy ($11 million expiring - can rebound and stretch the floor)

Devin Harris (excellent 6th man - in my opinion. Reasonable contract)

Terrence Williams (I think this guy is very talented....is he a total knucklehead?)