Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheStephensonConundrum

MEM-PHILLY-DET Three-way trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2cc3n2d

Memphis gets Greg Monroe, Andre Iguodala, Charlie Villanueva and Chris Wilcox

Memphis loses Hasheem Thabeet, Xavier Henry, Zach Randolph and Sam Young

---

Philly gets Tayshaun Prince, Hasheem Thabeet, Xavier Henry, Austin Daye and 1st round pick from Detroit (Top 8 protected)

Philly loses Andre Iguodala, Lou Williams and Spencer Hawes

---

Detroit gets Zach Randolph, Lou Williams, Sam Young and Spencer Hawes

Detroit loses Greg Monroe, Charlie Villanueva, Chris Wilcox, Austin Daye, Tayshaun Prince and 1st round pick from Detroit (Top 8 protected)

Memphis Lineup:

Gasol/Villanueva/Haddadi

Arthur/Wilcox/Monroe

Gay/Carroll

Iguodala/Mayo/Tony Allen

Conley/Vasquez

Guest teamball

Keep Henry, lose OJ.

There's no need for OJ with Iggy. Iggy plays big minutes.

I doubt Detroit will give up Monroe.

Villanueva would start at PF over Arthur.

Other than that, I like it.

Not sure if this is how I'd go about it, but I'd be all over getting Iguodala. I'm pretty hesitant about Charlie V. He's got a big contract, and not a consistent enough game to back it. Not to mention... if we thought Pau was soft...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2cc3n2d

Memphis gets Greg Monroe, Andre Iguodala, Charlie Villanueva and Chris Wilcox

Memphis loses Hasheem Thabeet, Xavier Henry, Zach Randolph and Sam Young

---

Philly gets Tayshaun Prince, Hasheem Thabeet, Xavier Henry, Austin Daye and 1st round pick from Detroit (Top 8 protected)

Philly loses Andre Iguodala, Lou Williams and Spencer Hawes

---

Detroit gets Zach Randolph, Lou Williams, Sam Young and Spencer Hawes

Detroit loses Greg Monroe, Charlie Villanueva, Chris Wilcox, Austin Daye, Tayshaun Prince and 1st round pick from Detroit (Top 8 protected)

Memphis Lineup:

Gasol/Villanueva/Haddadi

Arthur/Wilcox/Monroe

Gay/Carroll

Iguodala/Mayo/Tony Allen

Conley/Vasquez

just saw this, and I agree with direction and trading partners...

Keep Henry, lose OJ.

There's no need for OJ with Iggy. Iggy plays big minutes.

I doubt Detroit will give up Monroe.

Villanueva would start at PF over Arthur.

Other than that, I like it.

It could work. I'll give you an example.

Rudy can play 30 minutes of the time available at the 3 spot because he sometimes plays 5 minutes at PF or so. Iguodala can play the remaining 18 minutes.

Iguodala can play another 16 minutes at SG. Mayo can sweep up the rest of the 32 minutes, or he could share time with Tony Allen. And he could play limited minutes at PG or so. Playing time doesn't really matter as long as there is energy off the bench and I don't think keeping Henry fills that.

When Pau was traded to the Lakers, they had Odom at the PF spot. Guys like Odom and Jamison are hardly sixth men, even on good teams, but they are.

This is how you make rip-off trades. Think about getting quality minutes all the time at the two and three spots. As for Detroit, Lou Williams and Spencer Hawes are two very good players to lose Monroe for. Philly would definitely trade him because they already have Jrue Holiday and Evan Turner. Detroit is still in the fight for the playoffs. Zach Randolph provides the inside presence they need and Sam Young is a decent enough piece to replace Prince. They also get a good back-up point guard behind Stuckey. Hawes will log in significant minutes at center, because they do not have any legitimate center. With the mentoring of Ben Wallace, he will be good. In the east, they are a playoff team.

Philly is pretty much on rebuild mode so they need to clear some cap space, pick up on assets like Henry and Daye, as well as some picks. Prince is an expiring and would most likely be bought-out if his contract allows it. Thbaeet would hopefully show some promise coming behind Marreese Speights.

As for us, it's all about versatility. You'd get multiple players who could play two positions. Greg Monroe has played center, and so have Villanueva and Wilcox. Come to think of it, they could be decent trade chips for another trade. Monroe has great potential. Villanueva scores, but if he puts his mind into it, he could definitely rebound as his length allows to. Wilcox isn't his explosive old self, but he is decent. Then we'd also be getting Iguodala, who would solve the defensive woes at the SG spot.

This is a minor trade but let's send Haddadi to DET.

Will Bynum to NYK

Bill Walker to Memphis.

Bill Walker had an injury his rookie season that held up his development but I think he can be a good player. We need firepower on the bench and he has size to backup Rudy Gay. Detroit has no talented big men and Haddadi could take over starting center after backing up Old Big Ben for a while. NYK is desperate for a backup PG and Will Bynum is one of the league's best #2's. This could significantly improve all 3 teams.

now for Philly we have to get Iguodala to play with Conley and Gay.

We send OJ Mayo, Thabeet, and fluff. Send us Iguodala and Spencer Hawes.

or

Send ZBO for Iguodala and Thaddeus Young

Just reading that Iggy is on the block and I think perhaps a deal where we swap essentially OJ for Iggy could work. Not sure about that salary though. Also, I think the team has to be closer to the playoffs before Heisley will pull the trigger. At this point even with Iggy I am not sure we make it. It would have to be viewed as a move to put us over the top and into the playoffs. If we were .500 right now, I might see it happening.

We need Iggy. Not that he really fits, but because this team would be a pain in the neck to play against with all that athleticism. Offensively, pretty much a lot of backdoor cuts and attacking the rim. Iggy will fit with Hollins because he doesn't need to score to be effective.

I don't think Philly would have any interest in Mayo.

Jodie Meeks is on fire right now and their #2 pick Evan Turner plays the same position.

What they need is a center. Could they be tricked into taking Thabeet + ZBO? I'm thinking they'd most want Marc Gasol for need. But they really need an athletic guy next to Elton Brand. Thabeet would be ideal if Thabeet were to realize his potential with them.(very doubtful - thabust ).

ideally we trade ZBO + Thabeet for Iggy and Thaddeus Young

Guest teamball
I don't think Philly would have any interest in Mayo.

Jodie Meeks is on fire right now and their #2 pick Evan Turner plays the same position.

What they need is a center. Could they be tricked into taking Thabeet + ZBO? I'm thinking they'd most want Marc Gasol for need. But they really need an athletic guy next to Elton Brand. Thabeet would be ideal if Thabeet were to realize his potential with them.(very doubtful - thabust ).

ideally we trade ZBO + Thabeet for Iggy and Thaddeus Young

They have elton brand who's on a huge contract. They can't play 2 undersized unathletic PF's at the same time.

It'd be nice to get him but it'd probably cost Marc.

They have elton brand who's on a huge contract. They can't play 2 undersized unathletic PF's at the same time.

It'd be nice to get him but it'd probably cost Marc.

Thaddeus Young plays most of the minutes at the 4 and Brand at the 5. I've never heard him called "Undersized" before. that guy's huge