Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BeastModeGrizz

Kevein Love

You can explain it away all you want, but in 28 years, are you saying that this was the first time in 28 years that there was 114 rebounds available? And what we are talking about is both points and rebounds and it is no surprise that the last player to do this was also a great offensive rebounding machine like love is, Moses Malone.

Remember this: Shaq has NEVER done this, and I'd say that he was about as dominate as they come and I am certain that he's had this kind of an opportunity many, many times, Hakeem never did it, Robinson never did it, Karl Malone never did it, THEIR WHOLE CAREER. So you are telling me that all of these guys have never had the same opportunity that Love had that ONE NIGHT, at least once in their whole career, if not 100 times?

I do contend that no other team, in the history of the NBA or ABA, has run the seven seconds or less offense with such poor shooters on their team. The other drawback to this system is that seven seconds is not a lot of time to get your offense set for rebounds. These great players you have mentioned would have been benched when the game got so out of hand due to them playing on great teams. Nor trying to take away Kevin Love's great stat line that night but it was a perfect storm and not a sign that he is some sup0erstar player. Kevin Love is a nice young player but stats in this league are decieving. Do you think Rondo would lead the league in assists on the grizzlies? Does Darren Collison look as good with the Pacers as he did with the Hornets? Would Devin Harris have made an all-star game if he hadn't been traded to the East?

I am just a level headed NBA and Grizzlies fan who understands that as with everything in life the NBA is all about situations. You certainly cannot be trying to say that Kevin Love is the best big man since Moses Malone. There are numerous mediocre players who have great nights that is why statisticians try to look at large sample sizes. One game does not a great player make. Now to explain why I would rather have OJ. His value will be higher then Kevin Loves for quite some time. GM's will look at him and say "he might be the next Chauncey Billups" and value him that way. They look at Kevin Love as a top 8 rotation player. Even the T'Wolves don't see him as a more than 30 min a night player and they see him all the time. In this league his value is less than David Lee, Paul Milsap, David West, et all. I am not sure his value is any higher than Darell Arthur right now.

You can explain it away all you want, but in 28 years, are you saying that this was the first time in 28 years that there was 114 rebounds available? And what we are talking about is both points and rebounds and it is no surprise that the last player to do this was also a great offensive rebounding machine like love is, Moses Malone.

Remember this: Shaq has NEVER done this, and I'd say that he was about as dominate as they come and I am certain that he's had this kind of an opportunity many, many times, Hakeem never did it, Robinson never did it, Karl Malone never did it, THEIR WHOLE CAREER. So you are telling me that all of these guys have never had the same opportunity that Love had that ONE NIGHT, at least once in their whole career, if not 100 times?

I do contend that no other team, in the history of the NBA or ABA, has run the seven seconds or less offense with such poor shooters on their team. The other drawback to this system is that seven seconds is not a lot of time to get your offense set for rebounds. These great players you have mentioned would have been benched when the game got so out of hand due to them playing on great teams. Nor trying to take away Kevin Love's great stat line that night but it was a perfect storm and not a sign that he is some sup0erstar player. Kevin Love is a nice young player but stats in this league are decieving. Do you think Rondo would lead the league in assists on the grizzlies? Does Darren Collison look as good with the Pacers as he did with the Hornets? Would Devin Harris have made an all-star game if he hadn't been traded to the East?

I am just a level headed NBA and Grizzlies fan who understands that as with everything in life the NBA is all about situations. You certainly cannot be trying to say that Kevin Love is the best big man since Moses Malone. There are numerous mediocre players who have great nights that is why statisticians try to look at large sample sizes. One game does not a great player make. Now to explain why I would rather have OJ. His value will be higher then Kevin Loves for quite some time. GM's will look at him and say "he might be the next Chauncey Billups" and value him that way. They look at Kevin Love as a top 8 rotation player. Even the T'Wolves don't see him as a more than 30 min a night player and they see him all the time. In this league his value is less than David Lee, Paul Milsap, David West, et all. I am not sure his value is any higher than Darell Arthur right now.

Because Kevin Love isn't a starter on a contending team. I know what he did last night, but he's not a gifted enough scorer and he's a poor defender. The only thing he's great at is rebounding.

He pulled down 30 and 30, but at the risk of upsetting some people, Lorenzon Wright (rest his soul) had a 30/25 game in his career but that doesn't mean he was a starter on a contending team. Sorry for bringing his name up, but that's the quickest example I could think of.

Kevin Love just isn't that good. He's a solid rotation player on a contending team. O.J. Mayo is still the more valuable trade asset.

Please, Please get over the fact that we traded Kevin Love...IT WAS A GOOD TRADE...possibly the best on that the Grizz ever made...OJ is better than Kevin and is a more valuable trade option

I guess I could put my two cents in. For that guy Kevin B. Moses I think that you truly are pathetic.

I think that Kevin Love is a good player. You don't put up 30/30 by mistake. For that same reason I've been to plenty of T-Wolves fansites and boards and the people on there HATE Kevin Love just like Kevin B. Moses is the "BIGGEST MAYO HATER". Of course they have their own "Lil Kevin Love" on that website. Maybe that's what you should change you name to KBM.

I don't see how some people don't see how OJ would at the very least average 20ppg. Swap OJ and Love OJ immediately becomes the best player on that team putting up great numbers. Love on the other hand would be on this team struggling with his FG% like he is in Minny and getting dunked on by PF's and C's more athletic than him we'd want him coming off of the bench just like we are doing with OJ. Different situations and different positions.

I don't have the slightest idea why people feel the need to discredit Kevin Love and I don't understand the logic at all because you could use the same logic to discredit Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay. We had a losing record last season and up to this point in this season we have a losing record. We can always turn things around and only have to go on a winning streak, but so far we have only been above .500 at one point in the season and that's when we were 2-1. This team is still losing and has been losing even with Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph. Not sure how anyone could praise them but knock Kevin Love for not being on a winning team. That sums up Zach Randolph's career, putting up big numbers on losing teams.

I would love to have Kevin Love playing for the Grizz. However,............

........... grizzgal8, you are a bit much :lol:

I don't have the slightest idea why people feel the need to discredit Kevin Love and I don't understand the logic at all because you could use the same logic to discredit Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay. We had a losing record last season and up to this point in this season we have a losing record. We can always turn things around and only have to go on a winning streak, but so far we have only been above .500 at one point in the season and that's when we were 2-1. This team is still losing and has been losing even with Rudy Gay and Zach Randolph. Not sure how anyone could praise them but knock Kevin Love for not being on a winning team. That sums up Zach Randolph's career, putting up big numbers on losing teams.

Great post. Right on the money.

37 and 23 last night...

he puts up the numbers! anyone know his rank in fantasy this year offhand? My computer is blocked from it

37 and 23 last night...

he puts up the numbers! anyone know his rank in fantasy this year offhand? My computer is blocked from it

But the thing you have to consider is, what team does he play for?

The Timberwolves have absolutely nothing worth fighting for besides getting Love his double doubles and padding his stats. I wouldn't be surprised if their playbook completely revolves around giving KL point/rebound opportunities.

Besides, Love only averages 0.8 more points, and and 2.4 more boards per game than Zbo. Is that really that significant?

Love is just the most recent player the media has fallen in love (no pun intended) with. Nothing more.

Is he a good player? Yes. But is he the "legend in the making" the "experts" would have you believe he is? Absolutely not. You put him in virtually any other lineup in the league, and he goes down to being a 10/10 guy at BEST. And in the same way, if you were to put Zbo on the Timberwolves, I betcha anything he'd be a 40/20 guy.