Sign in to follow this  
Well_Pete

Kevin Love

BnaBreaker    0

Well, you have to remember that nobody else on that entire Wolves team can rebound for anything, but that's still extremely impressive. I don't recall ever seeing a 30/30 game before!

Well_Pete    0
Well, you have to remember that nobody else on that entire Wolves team can rebound for anything, but that's still extremely impressive. I don't recall ever seeing a 30/30 game before!

or the knicks ;)

guillermo    0
Kevin Love and Tyreke Evans would look good in a Grizzlie uniform right now. Draft picks matter.

especially for a small market franchise that cant attract superstars via FA

Cria Cuervo    0
Kevin Love and Tyreke Evans would look good in a Grizzlie uniform right now. Draft picks matter.

We did actually draft Love, but he was traded. It's a shame we didn't trade Thabeet too: I guess nobody wanted him! :D

GTG    0

Yeah, I think they said this is the first one since '82. 28 years. Thats a heck of an accomplishment for the kid.

And I agree with the posts above. If we had Evans as our starting SG, and Love as Zbo's backup, we could easily be one of the top 5 teams in the West. Thabeet was easily our worst move in franchise history, and the OJ deal is looking OK at best right now...

tall_black    0

man i got pretty ****** off with some people talking **** about the wolves on here pre season, taking the high and mighty after we had one decent season in the last several years. i told them then and i'll tell you again now, they have just as good, if not better, players as we did prior to acquiring zbo. they are definitely on the right track and consider that they have played 3 straight really good games short handed without ridnour, flynn and webster. they also have a massive amount of cap space. i just thought it was really s****y of people to stick their nose up at a team like that when we were that team only a few short years ago.

p.s kevin love is a freak

El Guapo    0
man i got pretty ****** off with some people talking **** about the wolves on here pre season, taking the high and mighty after we had one decent season in the last several years. i told them then and i'll tell you again now, they have just as good, if not better, players as we did prior to acquiring zbo. they are definitely on the right track and consider that they have played 3 straight really good games short handed without ridnour, flynn and webster. they also have a massive amount of cap space. i just thought it was really s****y of people to stick their nose up at a team like that when we were that team only a few short years ago.

p.s kevin love is a freak

Wow...I dont recall that, but it seems like you took it quite personally. Regardless, these are the grizz boards and if people want to talk [mess] about other teams then I have absolutely no problem with that. Hopefully we will stick our nose up at every team at some point, also, our team has twice the talent they do.

Well_Pete    0
Yeah, I think they said this is the first one since '82. 28 years. Thats a heck of an accomplishment for the kid.

And I agree with the posts above. If we had Evans as our starting SG, and Love as Zbo's backup, we could easily be one of the top 5 teams in the West. Thabeet was easily our worst move in franchise history, and the OJ deal is looking OK at best right now...

otis thorpe

BnaBreaker    0

Ditto to Otis Thorpe...I can't stand the Thabeet pick, but AT LEAST you can kind of justify the motivation behind it in terms of the pieces we already had on our roster.

tall_black    0
Wow...I dont recall that, but it seems like you took it quite personally. Regardless, these are the grizz boards and if people want to talk [mess] about other teams then I have absolutely no problem with that. Hopefully we will stick our nose up at every team at some point, also, our team has twice the talent they do.

well maybe ****** off was a far to strong, it was more funny than anything..that supporters of a team that as we know had struggled and been the laughing stock of the league for several years then after one respectable year were ready to throw stones at another young, struggling team

El Guapo    0
well maybe ****** off was a far to strong, it was more funny than anything..that supporters of a team that as we know had struggled and been the laughing stock of the league for several years then after one respectable year were ready to throw stones at another young, struggling team

Yeah, I hear what you're saying...I like seeing the Torontos, Golden States, Minnys, etc. beat teams because I feel like we're in the same boat in a way. I'm tired of Dallas, San Antonio, Los Angeles, Phoenix, etc., always taking the playoff spots. Of course, they're all the enemy ultimately, so...... ;)

Acehigh718    0
or the knicks ;)

Remember Zbo went off for 31 pts and 25 boards against them last year... and Amar'e isn't quite the rebounder that David Lee is.

Kevin Love, Andy Varajao, Lebrandon James, Dion Waiters, Kyrie Irving.

Is this better unit than the NBA Finals runners-up 2006 Cavs: ZMAN, James, Larry Hughes, Varajao, Donyell Marshall team? {lost 4-0 sweep to Spurs}

Or the Shaq, Varajao, Mo Williams. Lebrandon James, Boobie Gibson, ZMAN, Antawn Jameson. Delonte West's mom, Anthony Parker, Jamario Moon, and Leon Powe? {conference finals loss}

it's safe to say Kevin Love is in another league than old Shaq or Antawn Jameson at his best... and not to mention Donyell Marshell at his prime.... but those Cavs teams had a lot of Titos. It sure looks like the allstars on the Cavs with irving, james, and Love would be a lot to handle. It really puts a lot of pressure I think on Love to deliver on all these years of fantasy numbers and potential. He can't just be the 3rd banana like Chris Bosh was in Miami. He has to be the dominant big man IMO and I think that may be a challenge facing tough competition in the division against Indiana {Hibbert/West}, Chicago {Pau/Noah}, Milwaukee {Sanders/Ilyasova} and Detroit {Drummond}.

fanboyslim    0

The thing with the Cavs is if they finally trade for Love they'll have an excellent starting five but a shallow and suspect bench. They'll most likely send away Wiggins, Bennett and Tristan Thompson (to make the numbers work, and also because the TWolves need a PF) and unless I'm mistaken they'll only be able to sign minimum salary players after the trade. If Love and Varejao (both notoriously injury prone players) don't stay healthy all season long, they're going to be in a world of pain.

In any event I see this as a high risk hige benefit gamble by the Cavs. They're betting the house on a championship or at least a finals appearance to convince both Love and Lebron to stay after this season. If they fail to retain both they're headed to mediocrity building around Kyrie Irving.

I'm convinced Love will be an offensive powerhouse with all the space Lebron is going to buy him. I'm sure he'll average around 20/10 without breaking a sweat. It's the defensive side that should worry the Cavs fans. Add to that the Irving is an awful defender and I don't see this team surviving a series with the Spurs or even a few other West conference contenders.

No I cant see them winning a championship any time soon. My concern is can they win their division? I would start there. With Paul George out - they have good chances. They should be among the elite in the East Conference but I just dont see them making the long haul like you said. I dont' remember Varajao being healthy for a full season yet in his career. And he's quite old now relatively. James Jones and Mike Miller aren't going to make up the difference off the bench in early May/June.

I don't think it's enough talent to carry lebron to a title, but the east is so weak, it's possible they could make the nba finals. Keep in mind that kevin love has never played a playoff game in his 6 seasons. Who will be handling the ball for cleveland the most? Irving or lebron? I could see lebron getting frustrated in cleveland and wanting out after one year. If that happens, where does it leave cleveland? What does kevin love do then as a free agent?

only 1 question from me on this deal.

Why does Philly want to help out Cleveland so badly? They ship away their #1 player to Minnesota in return for garbage only in return. What is their motivation ? do you think they have a future deal or an "IOU" out of it?

fanboyslim    0

only 1 question from me on this deal.

Why does Philly want to help out Cleveland so badly? They ship away their #1 player to Minnesota in return for garbage only in return. What is their motivation ? do you think they have a future deal or an "IOU" out of it?

My guess is they plan to suck for a couple of years and rebuild through the draft, so they're getting rid of two year's worth of Young's salary and production in exchange for two expiring contracts and what will probably be a lottery pick in 2015 to add to their own.

Correction: The 2015 1st round pick that Philly is getting is Miami's, so unlikely to be in the lottery.