Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The REF

OJ MAYO for MONTA ELLIS

Hate this deal didn't go through? Any chance the Grizzlies Front Office can revisit this trade?

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/gs/golden-state-warriors

Red-hot Ellis tallies 46 points in Warriors' win

Monta Ellis matched his career high with 46 points, Stephen Curry added 25 points and 11 assists, and the Golden State Warriors won Keith Smart's coaching debut by beating the Houston Rockets 131-128 on Wednesday night.

Why did you post a link to a stylish striped sweater vest & long-sleeve shirt??? :blink:

Dude, thats insane.... $400 is ridiculous for that outfit! :lol:

Perhaps he works for Nieman Marcus.

+1

+1.

How can our team continue to get better if there is constant talk of trading one or two of our starting five? Four solid 18+ PPG is not that easy to replace. I would say we need to develop a second unit more than toying with the core. When we keep toying with the starting unit, we'll always be re-building.

For example Boston has a solid starting 5. But each year they have tweeked their bench. Same goes for the Lakers. That's how you build a playoff contender.

If we were gonna do it, last season would have been the time...definitely not right now.

GSW think they have a chance to make the playoffs so why would they do it? Especially when Ellis' stock is as high as ever right now.

+1.

How can our team continue to get better if there is constant talk of trading one or two of our starting five? Four solid 18+ PPG is not that easy to replace. I would say we need to develop a second unit more than toying with the core. When we keep toying with the starting unit, we'll always be re-building.

For example Boston has a solid starting 5. But each year they have tweeked their bench. Same goes for the Lakers. That's how you build a playoff contender.

I really agree with you. Special on the Boston example.I think our chance to suceed is create a "TEAM", because we don't have that true superstar. I think OJ and Rudy is the close thing to that. But we don't use him the right way. But I have to keep saying that even he playing great yesterday I believe Conley is not a lock in the starting. I think we should lock our starters OJ/Allen/Rudy/Gasol and maybe Zbo (depend the price). Than create the better bench we can.

no. i am not for oj being traded.

i would love for the team to ponder him coming off the bench and playing a ginobili type role

on this team. before you shoot me down, i think it would allow the freedom so many want for

oj on the team. also, i would think he, just as manu does, would always be on the floor at end

of games as well. his minutes would not have to change.

just a thought. i think it could pay huge dividends for the team and would allow oj to have

much more freedom with the ball in his hands.

slim.

i would love for the team to ponder him coming off the bench and playing a ginobili type role

on this team. before you shoot me down, i think it would allow the freedom so many want for

oj on the team. also, i would think he, just as manu does, would always be on the floor at end

just a thought. i think it could pay huge dividends for the team and would allow oj to have

slim.

I'm starting to believe this is the better way for OJ. Hollins is not alowing him to have the ball in his hands and keep Conley with it. If he ever allow OJ to play the way we know he played with Ivanovic from the bench I'm all for it.

slim.

Slim, i like your post and response.

sign,

Mr. Stephen Aye

Warriors would laugh at us. And besides, the whole reason to trade for ellis in the first place was to upgrade the poing guard spot. With Conley looking even more poised to take a big leap up this year, the deal makes even less sense.

I really don't see any team that would be willing to see him as this board apparently sees him. As a potential all-star. You don't think teams see how oj gets abused on a nightly basis by every shooting guard in the book.

My dream player for mayo would be Terrence Williams. I love this kids game. But if the grizzlies could nab Wesley Johnson that would work too.

Warriors would laugh at us. And besides, the whole reason to trade for ellis in the first place was to upgrade the poing guard spot. With Conley looking even more poised to take a big leap up this year, the deal makes even less sense.

I really don't see any team that would be willing to see him as this board apparently sees him. As a potential all-star. You don't think teams see how oj gets abused on a nightly basis by every shooting guard in the book.

My dream player for mayo would be Terrence Williams. I love this kids game. But if the grizzlies could nab Wesley Johnson that would work too.

YEP

Pleeeezze! Do it! Monta is better than oj @ EVERYTHING. I've been wanting this forever! But I'll take Iggy from Philly too

Guest teamball

The Warriors wouldn't do it last year, they won't do it this year. They'll never do it because Monta is a far superior player to OJ.

Let this idea go, it's not going to happen.

We might have a shot at Iggy, maybe Brandon Bass.