Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Subliminal

The winless Miami Heat

Boston demonstrating who the real big three is.

Boston is a big four nowadays. And a bunch of serviceable big men who work by accumulation.

This Miami team seriously is as good as they were made out to be. I find it hysterical that many "experts" were predicting a 70+ win season for Miami. Ridiculous.

Lakers, Celtics, GRIZZLIES, and possibly a few other teams are better than them.

Wow, the Pacers just took down the Heat by 16.

Somehow though, that makes our 1 point win seem a bit less special. :(

Wow, the Pacers just took down the Heat by 16.

Somehow though, that makes our 1 point win seem a bit less special. :(

Decent PG and good Big Man...see the connection

Decent PG and good Big Man...see the connection

Actually, Collison and Hibbert were non-factors in this one. The Heat simply couldn't execute their offense.

Bill Simmons was saying on the BS report that the Heat should trade Wade, if the trend of mediocrity continues . I tend to think it would be a good idea to move wade or lebron to fill out the team. Wade and Lebron are too much of the same, as they both need the basketball in their hands.

Otherwise, make Wade a 6th man; like he was on team USA.

I am ashamed to be a fan of the NBA after seeing 10 minutes of that game. I see Lebrandon jawing at Mo Williams while Mo is shooting free throws and makes him miss one. I think team USA should take away his gold medal. He ain't American.

I am ashamed to be a fan of the NBA after seeing 10 minutes of that game. I see Lebrandon jawing at Mo Williams while Mo is shooting free throws and makes him miss one. I think team USA should take away his gold medal. He ain't American.

I watched about 15 minutes of the opening quarter. LeBron is going to be looked at as one of the most hated Americans of all time.

I watched about 15 minutes of the opening quarter. LeBron is going to be looked at as one of the most hated Americans of all time.

Rightfully so.

....Get your giggles in while you can.

...oops.

They will probably lose to dallas, but it wouldn't be the first choke in Big D.

Boston and Chicago choked. Simple as that.

The Bulls had a 11 or 12 point lead with like 2:00 to go tonight and they end up losing it. Yes, the Heat have a good team, but they got some pretty bigs breaks.

And based on the officiating I saw tonight, the league wanted the big 3 in the Finals.

Chicago is 1 or 2 guys away from being the better team. I never liked Carlos Boozing. They made a mistake with him. The Bulls have all the resources in the world but they have been managed like crap. PJ Brown, Eddy CUrry, Tyson Chandler, Ben Wallace, Brad Miller (wtf/) and now Boozing. They can't get good big men on that team since Tony Kukoc.

I really did not think Wade was fouled on that 4 pt play but I read elsewhere on the internets and everyone says he was fouled. I watched it 3 or 4 times on replay but I dont see it. oh well. I dont think you can lose a game like that and leave your roster as it is. Some people HAVE to go. They absolutely need to move on from Kurt Thomas we know that. i CANNOT believe there isn't a better DLeague player out there than him.

Also for some reason Asik has large popularity - TRADE HIM. He's terrible. While people are fooled into thinking he's good - get rid of him for anything you can get.

Read this:

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/2011/05/w...at-finally.html

The Heat were by far the best team in the East. The Celtics never recovered from the Perkins trade and injuries to Shaq and then Rondo sealed their fate. And Chicago got exposed in the playoffs, first by a 37 win Indiana Pacers, then by a 44 win Atlanta hawks, and then even more by the Heat.

Boozer sucks. He's a huge waste of money. Deng is a nice 3rd or 4th option. Rose can't shoot from outside and can't do it all by himself. And the Bulls bench is good but filled with one-dimensional players -- Brewer, Korver, Taj, Asik. If the Bulls played a tougher playoff schedule, they would have been knocked out in an earlier round. They need at least one more all-star level player.

I'll be sure to bring this thread back up when Miami gets knocked out by either Boston or Orlando next Spring. ;)

:lol: I just saw this.

:lol: I just saw this.

The Magic/Celtics wrote their own obituaries when they traded their size.

But I still vastly underestimated how good the Heat would be this season, mainly because I didn't anticipate them being this good defensively and I also didn't anticipate them gelling together as much as they have.

You were right, X.

Until about 3-4 minutes left in the game tonight, I thought we were looking at the beginnng of new NBA dynasty. Wow, what a come back!

the problem is that it's not even fun hating the Heat and trying to watch them lose.

The Cowboys, Lakers, Bulls, 49ers, Celtics, RedSox, Yankees, RedWings, ManU, Real Madrid, etc --- all have reasons to be hated, but mostly it's fun.

Like the Lakers I usually can't stomach to watch but there's nothing like seeing Kobe get denied. And you celebrate when they lose. It's glorious.

with the Heat there's no positive. Either they win and you're mad or they lose and you're still mad. There's nothing they can do to make me happy except rewrite history and not exist. When Lebron James loses you can't even get excited because he just has this air that's unbearable to "WITNESS".

This quote from wade is why the Miami Heat will never have a "dynasty" . Yeah they may sneak a title in here or there but they will never be a Championship team legacy like the Duncan Spurs, Kobe's Lakers, the Bad boy Pistons, Jordan's Bulls, etc.:

Wade again downplayed concerns about the duo's similar styles.

"I think me and LeBron just got to come back as better individual players," he said. "I think time has helped and will help us as players."

It's actually tragic how a guy can have so much success and have that large an ego and not learned the first thing about sports. Have so little humility and respect for the game. Not to mention to have so little grasp of his own situation and the results of their failures last season - a truly self-absorbed a$$hole. So glad that Dallas whipped them.

Dwyaene Wdae continuing to show his true colors, and completely losing his cool:

Report: Wade Yelled At Stern While Making Pointed Remarks

Sep 30, 2011 8:30 PM EDT

Dwyane Wade reportedly yelled at David Stern while making 'pointed remarks' during Friday's labor meeting, sources tell ESPN.

Sources say Stern pointed at Wade, which was taken as a sign of disrespect and that triggered the outburst.

Wade was quoted this week of saying that players like him would be worth upwards of $50 million if there were no salary restrictions.

sounds like an immature prima dona. where I have I seen this before? what kind of steroid testing do they administer again? :lol: