Sign in to follow this  
Granttis

Lorenzen Wright

What i don't get is why are there all those people at the crime scene standing around. Maybe up to a hundred people have shown up. Watching the news there are people standing around talking on their cellphones. A group of women were standing in the middle of the shot, laughing and joking around. These people have no respect and it should be explained to them how disgusting it is for them to go and gauwk at his death.

Does any good come from this city? Other than another episode of First 48.

That is typical and a natural human reaction. I saw the women laughing and carrying on and thought that was a bit much, but I have no problem with people gathering there to have a memorial or just going to the area to see. It's the same response you get when you are in traffic and it seems as if traffic is backed up, but when you get to a certain area, you realize there is a wreck in the opposite lane and everybody is slowing down looking at a maligned car with a maligned victim. People just do stuff like that and that's all over, not just Memphis.

Just wanted to say, I hope they quickly find the scum that did this. I feel that way in all cases, but seriously, dude came home to visit his kids and ends up dead. Just ridiculous.

+1

The world where we live, just tragic.

I made those, i'm bad @ photoshop, anyway, feel free to use them if you want to.

zocjso.jpg

2a84vbk.jpg

I was in Nashville when I got the news they found his body. Driving home to Memphis all I could think about was how sad this is. He was one of my favorite Grizzlies of all time. I hope they can make me a throwback jersey and I think his # should be retired.

Very very sad day. RIP Ren.

I was in Nashville when I got the news they found his body. Driving home to Memphis all I could think about was how sad this is. He was one of my favorite Grizzlies of all time. I hope they can make me a throwback jersey and I think his # should be retired.

Very very sad day. RIP Ren.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to celebrate his life at both Grizz and Tiger games. It would be awesome to see his number retired. Heisley had some very nice things to say about him:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/...honor-whatever/

Just wanted to say, I hope they quickly find the scum that did this. I feel that way in all cases, but seriously, dude came home to visit his kids and ends up dead. Just ridiculous.

And supposedly was going to drive his kids back with him to ATL.

I hope we'll have the opportunity to celebrate his life at both Grizz and Tiger games. It would be awesome to see his number retired. Heisley had some very nice things to say about him:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/...honor-whatever/

I would hope they do it for both the Tigers and the Grizzlies. He was a great ambassador for the city of Memphis and the Memphis sports scene.

Nice, +1

A little somthing I made...

e96f39092d0b5446dad2124d50933bcd.jpg

+1

I made those, i'm bad @ photoshop, anyway, feel free to use them if you want to.

zocjso.jpg

2a84vbk.jpg

A few tweets from NBA players:

Josh Childress: RIP to my big homie Lorenzen Wright. He was a great guy and great teammate. He will be missed by all who loved him. Pray for his family! Twitter

Carmelo Anthony: Sending out prayers to Lorenzen Wright family. He will be missed around the NBA. Hope this open people eyes. Nothing in life is guaranteed Twitter

Hakim Warrick: Just woke up 2 some horrible news... Thoughts and prayers go out 2 Lorenzen Wright's family. Twitter

Kevin Durant: Send a prayer out to the family of Lorenzen Wright!! and anybody else that passed today Twitter

Rashard Lewis: Just heard some sad news, NBA just lost 1 of our own. Sending my prayers to his family. RIP LORENZEN WRIGHT God bless! Twitter

Rudy Gay: I send my love out to Lorenzen Wrights family!

Sad day indeed. Played his heart out for the Tigers and the Grizz. Loved Memphis. One of ours......... He will be missed.

first baskeball jersey I ever owned was a silver #55 Ren Tigers jersey.

Not sure where/when I got it but I remember wearing it to the tomb of doom many times back in the day to watch Ren hopefully beat down the Bearcats.

+1

zocjso.jpg

2a84vbk.jpg

Very, very nice. May we use either on other message boards too?

A few tweets from NBA players:

Per Sports 56 web page:

Eli560: RT @KingJames: R.I.P Lorenzen Wright. Don't take life for granted. Old saying '"You don't miss the water, til the well runs dry"

If it is LBJ, it's nice to see Lorenzen in his thoughts.

Ren is/was one of my favorite Grizzlies of all time. Watching him effectively D up Shaq, watching him scrap and fight for rebounds, intimidating opponents, being the first player to come to the defense of a teammate after a hard foul, and seeing him cheer on his teammates from the bench always made me feel good about being from Memphis and being a Grizzlies fan. Great competitor. Great Memphian. Whoever wears #42 in Beale Street Blue needs to be ready to live up to that standard. RIP Lorenzen Wright.

It would be nice to see the Grizz honor Ren at the first home game of the upcoming season, even if they don't go so far as to retire his jersey. That would be a classy move as well, but I would at least like to see them take a few minutes before the first home game starts to do a tribute to him with a video of highlights of his careers as both a Tiger and Grizz. With as much as he gave to the fans, city and the game, I think he deserves that much.

R.I.P., Ren, and may your family continue to be in everyone's prayers.

Just a terrible day. I didn't know I could feel so hurt about the death of someone I didn't have a close personal relationship with. I grew up with this guy - an original Grizz. Every fan event, even after games, he was always smiling, talking to everyone, I still believe to this day he is the toughest, grittiest center to ever put on a Memphis Grizzlies jersey. They guy straight-up scrapped.

I loved his go-to move of "pulling the chair" when he'd put all of his weight on a guy trying to post him up, then move out of the way real fast. It almost always caused the offensive player to get an offensive foul.

RIP Ren.

My cousin told me this right before church tonight and it really put a burden for him on my heart. He was a great player, great role model, and more importantly, a great man. My prayers go out to his family.

six kids. God be with them, and the rest of Ren's family and friends.

What a heartless, cowardly crime.

I just saw the snippet of the interview he gave after his daughter's death where he said "I thank God for taking my daughter and keeping her safe until I get there".

Choked me up good.

RIP.

Ren is/was one of my favorite Grizzlies of all time. Watching him effectively D up Shaq, watching him scrap and fight for rebounds, intimidating opponents, being the first player to come to the defense of a teammate after a hard foul, and seeing him cheer on his teammates from the bench always made me feel good about being from Memphis and being a Grizzlies fan. Great competitor. Great Memphian. Whoever wears #42 in Beale Street Blue needs to be ready to live up to that standard. RIP Lorenzen Wright.

That covers all the points I wanted to make. Thanks.

I admit to not have followed all the stuff around this story super-closely the last week, but it sure seems the collierville police was less than upfront about things........

shouldn't there have been more public pressure about this being a homicide investigation if they had a 9-1-1 call that ended in gunshots?