Sign in to follow this  
Granttis

Lorenzen Wright

Agree with retiring jersey, Grizz store should bring back a Ren throwback with proceeds to go to his children.

News article said that gunshot wound was self inflicted but another news source said he was shot 14 times.

Which one is correct?

I was really hoping that he just went away to clear his head but knew that because he had been out of contact with his kids that something like this would be the end result.

By God cover and keep his family.

Sad day.....

Creepy thought.....

I took the wrong road going to a clients office on Wed.

I went down that road and couldn't turn around because it's only large enough for one car to drive down.

I could have seen him and didn't know it. Weird!

Very sad to hear this man. I didn't know him personally but I feel like I lost a friend. I send my condolences to his family in friends.

Man, that is just sad. If I'm not mistaken, he had the longest career in the NBA of any Memphis Tiger.

I was really hoping things would have turned out differently but once I saw that there was no activity of his passport, cell phone, credit cards, etc Well, that's a long time to be missing and just not use anything. The only thing that puzzles me is that the CA mentions that a 911 call was made from his cell phone and only gun shots were heard. Was that not a lead? Did they follow up? I guess that didn't want to release much to the public, but if a 911 dispatcher here's gunshots would they not follow up in any way?

Man, just plain sad. RIP Ren. When you're familiar with someone and have followed them since their senior year in high school, through college, through the NBA, it almost feels like you know him, just plain sad. This dude truly, proudly represented Memphis. One of the very few and lo and behold, he gets killed in the town that he tried to represent to the fullest.

Just wanted to say, I hope they quickly find the scum that did this. I feel that way in all cases, but seriously, dude came home to visit his kids and ends up dead. Just ridiculous.

Sad day, Ren was one of my favorite Grizzlies ever, never felt cheated when he was on the court. Wasnt the biggest or best center but always played tough and hard. Really wish this wasnt true, respect to all his family and friends. RIP

Guest teamball

What i don't get is why are there all those people at the crime scene standing around. Maybe up to a hundred people have shown up. Watching the news there are people standing around talking on their cellphones. A group of women were standing in the middle of the shot, laughing and joking around. These people have no respect and it should be explained to them how disgusting it is for them to go and gauwk at his death.

Does any good come from this city? Other than another episode of First 48.