Sign in to follow this  
Granttis

Lorenzen Wright

I'm saying a prayer for Lorenzen and his family.

Ditto! I hope is is just away clearing his mind.

Ditto! I hope is is just away clearing his mind.

I REALLY hope your right, but how could he be doing anything without credit card or passport activity?

I say sombody needs to REALLY get this story out in hopes of him replying or sombody seeing him. We need it mentioned on all the national news networks, and get a story in all the major newspapers.

Even NBA.com has it as just a side story! And ESPN hasnt really talked about it.

I bet very few people outside the Memphis area and/or the Grizzlies/Tiger communities have even heard this is going on.

I REALLY hope your right, but how could he be doing anything without credit card or passport activity?

I say sombody needs to REALLY get this story out in hopes of him replying or sombody seeing him. We need it mentioned on all the national news networks, and get a story in all the major newspapers.

Even NBA.com has it as just a side story! And ESPN hasnt really talked about it.

I bet very few people outside the Memphis area and/or the Grizzlies/Tiger communities have even heard this going on.

That's incorrect, you can do a google search and see stories re-printed in different newspapers throughout the country and Atlanta just ran a story in the AJC speaking with a Hawks rep about it. Plus, I'm sure no one wants to jump to any conclusions. I remember the Bison Dele thing, I think he was missing like a month before the family reported anything cause they thought he was sailing and the news really didn't pick up on it until the brother started looking suspicious.

I initially thought it since there was no activity anywhere, that maybe he fell asleep at the wheel and ran off of the road or something but someone would have seen the car by now. I'm still not sure if he was still in Memphis or in Atlanta or en route to Atlanta. It sounds like his barber said he was in good spirits Monday afternoon.

Just strange and I really hope it turns out with a good ending.

I find hard to believe the "he is in Europe looking for a job" history.

First, we have had phones and -yes, trust me on this one- internet acces in Europe for a while now.

Second, it's not like he's an auto mechanic or a delivery guy. He's a basketball player. If he were trying to play this side of the Atlantic, I guess word would have spread by now. His name is pretty well known among the fans here in Spain, since his days as Pau Gasol's teammate, so you can bet word would have gotten out real quick, had he been trying out with any spanish team. I guess the same would apply if he were trying to get a contract in Italy, Greece or Russia.

Hope everything turns out well.

Man this doesn't sound good at all...police have found a body in a wooded area near Hacks Cross and Winchester according to the CA...no confirmation on wether it is Ren or not...but I think that is just police speak...how many 6'11" bodies are you going to find. They know wether it is him or not....this is sad sad if it comes to fruition. They are also investigating a 911 hangup call that came from Ren's cell phone Monday morning in which was the last time he was seen at 2AM leaving his ex-wife's house in Collierville. According to her he left with some friends..but she was asleep at the time and doesn't know who the friends were or what kind of car they were in. I hate to point the blame at someone but that sounds pretty fish to me.

Guest teamball

His ex-wife is nuts. I wouldn't doubt she had a big part to play in this.

RIP Lorenzen. An Original Memphis Grizzly :(

Man this is sad...I met the man on several occasions and he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy. Alot of great memories of him as a Tiger and a Grizzly. I'll never forget those pick and pop jumpers he used to hit as a Grizzly and the heart that he showed during his time on the floor. RIP Ren

R.I.P. Lorenzen, now go spend time with that baby girl.