Sign in to follow this  
Granttis

Lorenzen Wright

Really odd. I hope it's just some type of misunderstanding or mis-communication.

Same here, can't imagine what could've possibly went wrong. They didn't mention his wife..?

Guest teamball

It doesn't say his sister reported it. It's just that his sister commented for the story. It doesn't say who called the police. But that the family was concerned.

Maybe he just got sick of his family and wanted some time away from them.

It doesn't say his sister reported it. It's just that his sister commented for the story. It doesn't say who called the police. But that the family was concerned.

Maybe he just got sick of his family and wanted some time away from them.

Thanks for the correction. I am already seeing inconsistent info by just doing a simple Google search.

Man this is really sad. :(

Hope he is ok, but considering its been nearly a week already, things dont look too great.

My guess he is in Europe looking for a job! His dad says he went there. No job for him in the NBA, go to Europe.

My guess he is in Europe looking for a job! His dad says he went there. No job for him in the NBA, go to Europe.

His dad said he went to Europe?

Thats the only thing that makes sense to me..if he's overseas, nobody would be able to contact him. I really hope thats the case.

His dad said he went to Europe?

Thats the only thing that makes sense to me..if he's overseas, nobody would be able to contact him. I really hope thats the case.

I just heard from a source close to the family that he is in Europe!!!

I just heard from a source close to the family that he is in Europe!!!

Well, I hope that's true but it does kind of call into question the competence of the Collierville Police Department. If someone leaves the country, they should be able to easily track that down. Not to mention, didn't the CPD go on record as saying there was no activity on his bank accounts and credit cards? I guess someone could have bought his tickets for him and given him money but wouldn't that person have come forward by now? Also, if he flew out of Memphis, you mean to tell me, not one airport/airline employee recognized him, even if he flew out of Atlanta you would think someone would have spoken up by now.

Once again, I really hope that is the case, but if it is, there's a lot of questions out there as to why it took so long to find that out.

Well, I hope that's true but it does kind of call into question the competence of the Collierville Police Department. If someone leaves the country, they should be able to easily track that down. Not to mention, didn't the CPD go on record as saying there was no activity on his bank accounts and credit cards? I guess someone could have bought his tickets for him and given him money but wouldn't that person have come forward by now? Also, if he flew out of Memphis, you mean to tell me, not one airport/airline employee recognized him, even if he flew out of Atlanta you would think someone would have spoken up by now.

Once again, I really hope that is the case, but if it is, there's a lot of questions out there as to why it took so long to find that out.

They're too busy being parked over at the high school at night and following me for no reason.

If this is true, though it would be great to hear that he's ok, this would also make Lorenzen look like an a-hole if he left the country without telling his family, wouldn't y'all think?

Nope. If it is true, I would think I don't know what was on his mind nor do I know what's going on between him and his family and I would leave it at that and just be happy that he is safe.

Nope. If it is true, I would think I don't know what was on his mind nor do I know what's going on between him and his family and I would leave it at that and just be happy that he is safe.

Yeah I guess you're right.

I heard he's in Europe as well. And this wouldn't necessarily make him look like an a-hole because it really depends on the family dynamic. Would it be shocking and surprising, now that Lorenzen has hit a tough skid in life, that his family isn't exactly "there" for him like they were in the past?

I heard he's in Europe as well. And this wouldn't necessarily make him look like an a-hole because it really depends on the family dynamic. Would it be shocking and surprising, now that Lorenzen has hit a tough skid in life, that his family isn't exactly "there" for him like they were in the past?

This is true. I was just having that thought because his mother put a video on Twitter stating a plea for Lorenzen to contact his family. So when I saw that video I got that impression.

Thats the same thing I think, he probably felt like no one was there for him..i doubt that he intentionally meant to make a huge deal like it has been but it wouldn't surprise me if he just up and said "ya know, these people don't care about me. I'm gone. I'm gonna go overseas and start over" if he really hit a hard stretch, that wouldn't surprise me at all.

Update

If he really is in Europe, how could this be:

Heuberger said there has been no activity on Wright's passport, but he cannot comment about his cell phone or credit cards.

Another update..

This is a really true statement below. As I have heard time and time again, it is not a crime for an adult to leave home and not contact anyone or to "intentionally disappear":

"A lot depends on the individual himself...whether or not he wants to be found."

Wheew, good to hear.

Anybody seen him play lately? Anything left? I wouldn't mind him as depth if he still had game, between the Tiger years and the Grizz years he played some great ball here.

(shame Heisley did him wrong the first time around)

Man, thats a relief.

I cant believe he would just take off and literally not tell ANYBODY though. Thats just odd.

IF it's all true that there's been no banking activity, no use of passport and no contact with his kids (the third being the most important factor) - then I believe this will not end happily. I hope beyond hope that I'm wrong.

I believe this will not end happily. I hope beyond hope that I'm wrong.

I agree and keep checking around just to hear something positive, but for this to have gone on this long I'm already prepared for the worst