Sign in to follow this  
bgassassin

Board overhaul proposal

bgassassin    0

I'm making a suggestion to revamp the way the board is laid out. All these separate boards do not receive that many posts and get forgotten altogether at times. My suggestion would be to get rid of them and make permanent sticky threads on the Grizz board that most people go to.

Only the Griz Talk and the Spanish board would remain in this idea. On the Griz Talk board there would be four sticky threads. One for NBA General talk, one (maybe) for Trade Talk, the Nut Heads thread would be stickied as the replacement for the Off-Topic board, and a Grizzlies General thread for everything else Grizzlies related. And also to keep Sixth's Media threads, they would be made into the first post(s) of the NBA General thread. And the Spanish Off-Topic board would be stickied in the main Spanish board also.

GF#1    0
I'm making a suggestion to revamp the way the board is laid out. All these separate boards do not receive that many post and get forgotten altogether at times. My suggestion would be to get rid of them and make permanent sticky threads on the Grizz board that most people go to.

Only the Griz Talk and the Spanish board would remain in this idea. On the Griz Talk board there would be four sticky threads. One for NBA General talk, one (maybe) for Trade Talk, the Nut Heads thread would be stickied as the replacement for the Off-Topic board, and a Grizzlies General thread for everything else Grizzlies related. And also to keep Sixth's Media threads, they would be made into the first post(s) of the NBA General thread. And the Spanish Off-Topic board would be stickied in the main Spanish board also.

This would create more space to store more of the older threads that I like to refer to from time to time. The current format doesn't allow older threads to stay alive long enough to go back and read. I would love to be able to go back and read threads on the night we drafted OJ or the day we traded Pau. Just an example.

I'm down for this.

GTG    0

I dont know. Replacing entire forums with just topics? Wouldnt that make conversations more difficult?

Why not just simply remove the unpopular forums?

Welcome (Read First!) = 6 Topics 132 Replies (There really isnt anything that important in there anyways)

Ticket Talk = 43 Topics 52 Replies (I think this can all be moved into "Team Talk")

Community Talk = 4 Topics 5 Replies (Useless)

Website Talk = 3 Topics 28 Replies (Useless)

Fedex Forum Talk = 4 Topics 8 Replies (Can be moved into "Team Talk")

Photo Forum = 8 Topics 233 Replies (Useless)

Fan Advisory Board - General = 10 Topics 23 Replies (The FAB never uses this anyways)

Announcements = 0 Topics 0 Replies (They Never Announce Anything!)

Forum Suggestions = 8 Topics 16 Replies (Usefull, but nobody uses it)

Misc and Testing = 5 Topics 6 Replies (Totally Useless)

And then you have the 3 archive forums which are rarely used either.

I say just remove all of these boards and then it would just be Team Talk, NBA Talk, Trade Talk, and Off Topic. Seriously, thats all we need!

bgassassin    0

If you remember, you mentioned yourself you didn't understand why more people didn't go to the off-topic board. It's because people don't think about it. They don't really think about any boards outside of the main Griz board and occassionally the NBA and Trade boards.

Like GF said this would also save space and at the same time should generate more discussion for those topics because they would all be on one board. The basis of this idea is from a very popular board I post on occasionally called NEOGaf. They keep the layout very streamlined and instead of having multiple separate threads, they use "permanent" sticky threads. I put permanent in parentheses because they are for the main four sports and a new one gets started for the new month while the old one gets unstickied to fall into the waste land.

GTG    0
If you remember, you mentioned yourself you didn't understand why more people didn't go to the off-topic board. It's because people don't think about it. They don't really think about any boards outside of the main Griz board and occassionally the NBA and Trade boards.

Like GF said this would also save space and at the same time should generate more discussion for those topics because they would all be on one board. The basis of this idea is from a very popular board I post on occasionally called NEOGaf. They keep the layout very streamlined and instead of having multiple separate threads, they use "permanent" sticky threads. I put permanent in parentheses because they are for the main four sports and a new one gets started for the new month while the old one gets unstickied to fall into the waste land.

Oh ok.

I guess I agree to this then if we are taking any short of formal poll.

GrizzFan79    0
I'm making a suggestion to revamp the way the board is laid out. All these separate boards do not receive that many posts and get forgotten altogether at times. My suggestion would be to get rid of them and make permanent sticky threads on the Grizz board that most people go to.

Stop it with all of this common sense and logic ;)

For me, it's not that I forget about the other boards, it's that I don't want to go see the off topic stuff. How about as an alternative how about dividing into three boards. Grizzlies board, spanish board, and "Other stuff most people don't care about." Still reduces the number of boards, but doesn't create a bunch of stickies.

El Lobo    0
For me, it's not that I forget about the other boards, it's that I don't want to go see the off topic stuff. How about as an alternative how about dividing into three boards. Grizzlies board, spanish board, and "Other stuff most people don't care about." Still reduces the number of boards, but doesn't create a bunch of stickies.

Better idea.

But I would label it: Grizzlies board, Spanish board, and Miscellaneous board.

GTG    0

I just noticed, this suggestion has been up for about a month, and we havnt had a single reply from one of the Admins.

Do they even read these?

I see your point but I don't like sticky threads.

I rather have one board like you're saying but then allow people to tag each thread with a subset of tags like "Tigers" or "Grizzlies Team Talk". Then if someone is only curious in those threads they can filter to only see those. "Offtopic talk" or "Nut Heads" . That's how my gmail works. All my mail goes in one folder and I just tag with different labels to sort it instead of always having to move one email to this folder or that. Because people are lazy and a new person is going to always post in the Grizzlies Team Talk anyway. Then we just have to tag it as "Trade Talk" if they make a DUMB thread like "Delonte West anyone?".

GF#1    0
I just noticed, this suggestion has been up for about a month, and we havnt had a single reply from one of the Admins.

Do they even read these?

Apparently not.

The way things are layed out, there is so much wasted space on this message board.