Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GF#1

I can't stand LeBron James

Guest teamball

I don't think Lebron should have made such a big show about his decision, but he doesn't deserve this much backlash for it. He wants to play somewhere else. That's what it really comes down to.

7 years of not winning a title in Cleveland was enough for him. Gilbert never put a star next to him. Jamison is good but not enough.

He handled it badly, but not as badly as the owner and media are reacting to it. What does he owe Cleveland? They paid him and he played great. He wants to play somewhere else.

And the people complaining that Lebron waited on purpose so that Cleveland couldn't get other good players is silly. Were they able to get other good players he wouldn't have left.

After seeing Gilbert's reaction, it's no surprise Lebron doesn't want to play there. Who would want to play for an owner who will throw you under the bus like that? Gilbert will have to apologize if he ever wants to get another elite player in his franchise. They can get the same money somewhere else and not have to worry about the owner exploding on them.

because true superstars put the team on their back and say we're going to win this thing.

He has already done this in Cleveland.

They don't run to where the other superstars are.
Winning championships>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All

He has already done this in Cleveland.

Winning championships>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All

i think his "legacy" would have jumped to epic proportions if he had joined the bulls and gone head to head with the two headed monster each year for the right to battle kobe and the lakers out west. if lebron had gone to bulls and found a way to beat those two teams for some championships for the next 2-3 years it would have made him an absolute legend and made for MUCH more entertaining and exciting nba basketball. i'm so dissapointed he has taken the easy way out, but his decision and to each their own.

Am i the only one who thinks lebron is the shnit?? I would of done the same thing if I could like 99 percent of people. I hope they win 10 straight because that was a hell of an idea to have a mini dream team. Everyone wants the NBA to be a tea party but real competitors dont show ANY MERCY!!

As if Kobe needed any more motivation to win ring #6 next June...

He's going to be a man on a mission this upcoming season.

I hate how players can't believe in their competitive nature anymore. LeBron did flake last year...... And he is a pansy for not doing it on his own. If he went to Chicago or even stayed in Cleveland, he would have made a better name for himself. And with LeBron, making a name for yourself is important when you have that raw talent.

Lakers should probably just hand over the title now, Miami in talks with Juan Howard and Mike Miller! hahahahahahaha hope they have good back doctors in South Beach!!

I hate how players can't believe in their competitive nature anymore. LeBron did flake last year...... And he is a pansy for not doing it on his own. If he went to Chicago or even stayed in Cleveland, he would have made a better name for himself. And with LeBron, making a name for yourself is important when you have that raw talent.

I guess you're not aware that no player in the history of the NBA has won an NBA title on his own.

I guess you're not aware that no player in the history of the NBA has won an NBA title on his own.

Yeah, really. I can't stand Lebron but this is getting absurd. Basketball was still a team sport last time I checked.

This absurd story just got more absurd. Thanks Jesse, you dipsh*t.

I was about to post that but ya beat me...I really hate jackson so much. And you know if the owner was black and said that stuff, the story wouldnt exist.

I was about to post that but ya beat me...I really hate jackson so much. And you know if the owner was black and said that stuff, the story wouldnt exist.

or how Jason Whitlock pointed out that JJ had no problem costing Coach Brown his job by quitting on the team in the playoffs.

This has been set up for a long time with these three. I believe 3 years ago they all signed 3 year deals for this exact purpose. They wanted to play together. Funny how noone would have been ****** if Lebron had went to NY or Chicago or NJ. Where was the outrage when Shaq left Orlando when they were primed to win multiple titles back in the day? You think Kobe or MJ or Magic would have stayed in Cleveland? Come on people wake up!

This absurd story just got more absurd. Thanks Jesse, you dipsh*t.

Jesse hadn't gotten his name in the news for a while, so he had to think of something imflammatory to say, so he could feel relevent again. He may have been an aid to Dr. King, but he isn't close to being cut from the same cloth.

Agent: Ilgauskas to sign with Miami Heat MIAMI (AP) -Zydrunas Ilgauskas is following LeBron James to the Miami Heat.

so weak. along with Juwan Howard. 2 guys should both be retired

Looks like after all of these years listening to him rip and hate on Lebron, Skip Bayless finally gets his point proven. He's been right about Lebron all along.

This has been set up for a long time with these three. I believe 3 years ago they all signed 3 year deals for this exact purpose. They wanted to play together. Funny how noone would have been ****** if Lebron had went to NY or Chicago or NJ. Where was the outrage when Shaq left Orlando when they were primed to win multiple titles back in the day? You think Kobe or MJ or Magic would have stayed in Cleveland? Come on people wake up!

The issue has never (well, at least not for me) been about them banding up together. You can argue about what this decision says about Lebron's character but in the end this was a well known possible outcome of the whole free agent show and a perfectly valid career decision.

The issue was the way the news were delivered, which was as hard a slap to Cleveland's face as it could be without Lebron driving to Ohio and personally setting the Cuyahoga river on fire. The whole ESPN circus was deplorable, and it does say a lot about Lebron's ego.

The issue has never (well, at least not for me) been about them banding up together. You can argue about what this decision says about Lebron's character but in the end this was a well known possible outcome of the whole free agent show and a perfectly valid career decision.

The issue was the way the news were delivered, which was as hard a slap to Cleveland's face as it could be without Lebron driving to Ohio and personally setting the Cuyahoga river on fire. The whole ESPN circus was deplorable, and it does say a lot about Lebron's ego.

That's what I was trying to say myself but couldn't bother to write in English. Thanks ;).

I just was reading about the Superfriends' salaries = $54.5M a year. + Chalmers = $55.3M

The salary cap for the 2010-11 season will be $58.044 million.

So they go into the luxury tax situation. $70.3 million. That gives them $15M to build a roster of at least 8 more players, maybe 9. But they already have blown through $8M to acquire Mike Miller and Haslem. That leavs now $7M to obtain 6-8 role players all taking the vet minimum allegedly. They must hire all minimum salary players it seems to me. I don't know I guess they also have an additional $5M for MLE. but it's crazy.

After 13 years in Cleveland BIG Z will turn his back on all his dumb fans and go to Miami to earn the vet minimum on a 1 year contract of 1.3$M just so he can watch over LeBrandon James? barf.

I was expecting the superfriends to take a significant pay cut but it looks like they earn far more than Rudy Gay obviously. And they earn just slightly less than Joe Johnson. Are the number of $110M / 6 year contract incorrect?

I just was reading about the Superfriends' salaries = $54.5M a year. + Chalmers = $55.3M

The salary cap for the 2010-11 season will be $58.044 million.

So they go into the luxury tax situation. $70.3 million. That gives them $15M to build a roster of at least 8 more players, maybe 9. But they already have blown through $8M to acquire Mike Miller and Haslem. That leavs now $7M to obtain 6-8 role players all taking the vet minimum allegedly. They must hire all minimum salary players it seems to me. I don't know I guess they also have an additional $5M for MLE. but it's crazy.

After 13 years in Cleveland BIG Z will turn his back on all his dumb fans and go to Miami to earn the vet minimum on a 1 year contract of 1.3$M just so he can watch over LeBrandon James? barf.

I was expecting the superfriends to take a significant pay cut but it looks like they earn far more than Rudy Gay obviously. And they earn just slightly less than Joe Johnson. Are the number of $110M / 6 year contract incorrect?

They each took about a $15M pay cut (Wade took less money than LBJ and Bosh). They are trying to get Stackhouse and older players to take the minimum with the promise of a ring.