Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GF#1

I can't stand LeBron James

They'll win one championship in the next five years, at most.

I think they will win 3 in the next 5 years. I dont think they will win this season but I think they will string together 3 in a row at some point once they fill out their roster and draw other players. This is Magic, Kareem, Worthy. Its Bird, Mchale, Parrish. Shaq, Kobe, Rice. KG, Pierce and Allen. Duncan, Parker, Ginobli. No doubt a dynasty.

Bill Simmons definitely nailed that. If you can't beat em, join em. What a cop out!!! And then to do it in a one-hour prime-time special??? What a pathetic, classless way to go. The way I see it... LeBron to Miami is a lose-lose. If he can't win a ring after teaming up in free-agency with 2 legitimate super-stars, his legacy is most certainly tarnished. But if he wins one there, it was purchased. Sorta like the Yankees finally buying a WS ring last year. Then you have to factor in the damage done from a PR perspective. LeBron calls for a one hour, prime-time show to dump all over his home town team and fans. It won't effect him from an endorsement perspective, b/c corporate America will always whore themselves out for LeBron. But the whole world knows that LeBron is an ego-maniac who wasn't sure if he could ever win a championship without buying one.

Thats how it goes in sports..there aren't many players who want to win as bad as LeBron..I hated watching him single-handedly carry the Cavs in the playoffs..so I'm happy for him. Hopefully he gets what he wanted and thats a championship.

This LeBron stuff is craziness in overdrive.

He's a selfish, narcissistic egomaniac who is taking a paycut to play at a reduced role with two very great players for a GM (or whatever Riley is) who has a proven RECENT vision for winning championships.

OK.

This is why he didn't choose the "more talented" Bulls.

Dan Gilbert sounds like he's been sipping on some sizzurp in his statement that he released. No, he didn't "rip LeBron a new one," he embarrassed himself. LeBron owed Cleveland nothing and betrayed no one. Gilbert is bitter, and Cleveland fans deserved better than that childish outburst from a grown man. What he said was far, far from reassuring. Any wonder why LeBron was ready to go? If you listened to the statements that LeBron made tonight and you look at Cleveland's recent history, you could clearly see the primary deficiency in the organization was that they lack someone with championship-caliber experience to get them over the hump. Crunch time for that franchise was three years ago where they should have desperately been on a full court press to pick up a legit #2 guy for him knowing that he only signed a three year extension. Hate him or love him, the one with the dignity tonight was LeBron.

Cleveland had LEBRON JAMES for SEVEN YEARS and you mean to tell me that they couldn't find one semi-legit star somewhere near his prime to play with him during that stretch? And they were serious about winning championships?

Even Riley and the boys were able to snag Shaq while he still he still had some left in the tank and win a ring with D-Wade.

Kobe was ****** off and demanding a trade when the Lakers were lollygagging. Who the flip do the Cav's organization think they are to sit on their butts and do nothing with their inadequate collection of talent and expect their star to be patient? He never even publicly roasted his clearly incompetent organization who was made to look much better than they really are because he really is that dominant of a player.

For the fans' sake, maybe the Cavs will get their ish together and try to really compete. Landing a champion in Byron Scott is a start.

He's a selfish, narcissistic egomaniac who is taking a paycut to play at a reduced role with two very great players for a GM (or whatever Riley is) who has a proven RECENT vision for winning championships.

OK.

Dan Gilbert sounds like he's been sipping on some sizzurp in his statement that he released. No, he didn't "rip LeBron a new one," he embarrassed himself. LeBron owed Cleveland nothing and betrayed no one. Gilbert is bitter, and Cleveland fans deserved better than that childish outburst from a grown man. What he said was far, far from reassuring. Any wonder why LeBron was ready to go? If you listened to the statements that LeBron made tonight and you look at Cleveland's recent history, you could clearly see the primary deficiency in the organization was that they lack someone with championship-caliber experience to get them over the hump. Crunch time for that franchise was three years ago where they should have desperately been on a full court press to pick up a legit #2 guy for him knowing that he only signed a three year extension. Hate him or love him, the one with the dignity tonight was LeBron.

Cleveland had LEBRON JAMES for SEVEN YEARS and you mean to tell me that they couldn't find one semi-legit star somewhere near his prime to play with him during that stretch? And they were serious about winning championships?

Even Riley and the boys were able to snag Shaq while he still he still had some left in the tank and win a ring with D-Wade.

Kobe was ****** off and demanding a trade when the Lakers were lollygagging. Who the flip do the Cav's organization think they are to sit on their butts and do nothing with their inadequate collection of talent and expect their star to be patient? He never even publicly roasted his clearly incompetent organization who was made to look much better than they really are because he really is that dominant of a player.

For the fans' sake, maybe the Cavs will get their ish together and try to really compete. Landing a champion in Byron Scott is a start.

He just put his crown down he can no longer be refered to as "King James" he is just LeBron or LBJ now. Cleveland has had the best record in the East the last two years. IMO that organization tried to put pieces around LBJ. I think he just got tired of being "The Man"...hell he was carrying a whole state on his back. Who wouldn't get tired...but if this team does not gel and they come away empty handed in the next few years his legacy will definatley be tarnished

Bill Simmons definitely nailed that. If you can't beat em, join em. What a cop out!!! And then to do it in a one-hour prime-time special??? What a pathetic, classless way to go. The way I see it... LeBron to Miami is a lose-lose. If he can't win a ring after teaming up in free-agency with 2 legitimate super-stars, his legacy is most certainly tarnished. But if he wins one there, it was purchased. Sorta like the Yankees finally buying a WS ring last year. Then you have to factor in the damage done from a PR perspective. LeBron calls for a one hour, prime-time show to dump all over his home town team and fans. It won't effect him from an endorsement perspective, b/c corporate America will always whore themselves out for LeBron. But the whole world knows that LeBron is an ego-maniac who wasn't sure if he could ever win a championship without buying one.

The Celtic's championship in 2008 when they stomped a mudhole in the Lakers was not "bought". I doubt anything the Heat do will be considered otherwise. Also, I'm still struggling to understand why an "egomaniac" would take a (huge) pay cut and relegate his alpha male status for a chance to play on the best team possible. That seems a little counter-intuitive to me. Does he have a big ego because he's will to sacrifice the individual spotlight in order to win? He owed his "home town fans" nothing. He gave them 7 of the best **** years of his career and had very little help the whole time, even to the point of being criticized for trying to involve others (Donyell Marshall). KG gave him good advice - loyalty costs; the Cav's had pretty much proven that they were no better than the Timberwolves organizationally, but simply had the fortune of having the rights to one of the best players ever to allow them to be lazy and not work hard to get him the best team possible but still win at a level higher than they ever have. They got complacent. The classless one was Gilbert for turning this into a personal attack on LeBron, like he didn't have a chance for the last three years to avert this. Priority one three years ago should have been to land "Robin". Cav's fans should be po'd at their management.

OK.

Try to bring this sh*t to the Cleveland boards and you will get our azz handed to you. Gilbert, the rest of that organization, and the city of Cleveland did nothing but kiss Lebron's azz for 7 years.

I don't necessarily have a problem with Lebron leaving Cleveland but the way he did it was pretty classless. That was the question I wish Jim Grey asked him.

HA HA!! that is priceless.

i completely agree that lebron is free to do as he please's and that he owes cleveland and ohio absolutely nothing.

i COULD NOT BELIEVE that statement from gilbert!! how classless and pathetic was that! lebron owed him nothing at all....there is no way in hell that gilbert or anyone in the cavs organisation would have said ANYTHING about lebron "tanking" in the playoffs had lebron signed back with cleveland. if i'm lebron, and i've just read that statement, i'm feeling a WHOLE lot better about leaving now.

as for choosing miami, i agree he's damned either way(win or lose) and i also agree that it was stupid basketball decision imo. i could never see jordan wanting to play with Hakeem Olajuwon and charles barkley...i think he needed the challenge to keep playing the game that he loved. obviously lebron doesn't need that. again, he's obviously free to do what he wants which i don't have a problem with.

Guest teamball

That's hillarious!!

Dan Gilbert is a big time jerk for making that statement. New skool has a point...in 7 years the best cleveland did was get Shaq and Jamison to play with Lebron. That doesn't get the job done. Now Gilbert is going to spend? What money and on what players? That's such a classless move for an owner to do. Lebron brought them back to the public eye. Nobody watched Cavs games, they watched Lebron.

I bet none of the Cav players are upset at Lebron personally. In fact, had they spent more time practicing basketball instead of the side line skits, they may have made it deeper into the playoffs.

I've probably said this a million times, but I absolutely despise Lebron James. He is one of the most cocky and arrogent players that I have ever seen. Yes Lebron. You are good. We know that. Quit with all of the dancing and posturing and all of the BS.

(...)

Lebron.....have a little respect for the game and show a little class and dignity rather than continually making this huge spectacle of yourself.

/rant.

I couldn't agree more. He's becoming my most hated player, even more than Kevin Garnett.

I think they will win 3 in the next 5 years. I dont think they will win this season but I think they will string together 3 in a row at some point once they fill out their roster and draw other players. This is Magic, Kareem, Worthy. Its Bird, Mchale, Parrish. Shaq, Kobe, Rice. KG, Pierce and Allen. Duncan, Parker, Ginobli. No doubt a dynasty.

I don't have the salary information for those dynasty teams, but I very much doubt that all members of those "big threes" were all playing for the max. Unless Miami is building a team to play NBA Jam they'll need to fill up their roster with minimum salary players and/or rookies they won't be able to retain, and that's not exactly how you establish dynasties. Where are Miami's Maxwell, Ainge, Walton, McAdoo, Cooper, Green, Scott, Fisher, Horry, Bowen, T. Allen, Kendrick...? Don't tell me Chalmers and Beasley are anywhere close to all those mid-level, championship winning role players.

I have no doubt that barring injuries LeBron will get his ring, but they won't get multiple rings unless they build and keep a team around the three amigos. And that is an almost impossible proposition when they have essentially locked the equivalent of the Grizzlies entire roster's salary into three players, great as they are.

And if D-Wade's knees so much as creak, get ready for a LeMeltdown when the Celtics, Magic or Bulls bump them out of contention.

The Celtic's championship in 2008 when they stomped a mudhole in the Lakers was not "bought". I doubt anything the Heat do will be considered otherwise. Also, I'm still struggling to understand why an "egomaniac" would take a (huge) pay cut and relegate his alpha male status for a chance to play on the best team possible. That seems a little counter-intuitive to me. Does he have a big ego because he's will to sacrifice the individual spotlight in order to win? He owed his "home town fans" nothing. He gave them 7 of the best **** years of his career and had very little help the whole time, even to the point of being criticized for trying to involve others (Donyell Marshall). KG gave him good advice - loyalty costs; the Cav's had pretty much proven that they were no better than the Timberwolves organizationally, but simply had the fortune of having the rights to one of the best players ever to allow them to be lazy and not work hard to get him the best team possible but still win at a level higher than they ever have. They got complacent. The classless one was Gilbert for turning this into a personal attack on LeBron, like he didn't have a chance for the last three years to avert this. Priority one three years ago should have been to land "Robin". Cav's fans should be po'd at their management.

Celtic championship was not bought? You are new school.

If you don't think putting a 1 hour prime time special together to announce a free agency decision isn't a tell tale sign of an ego-maniac, we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. I do tend to agree with you about Gilbert. But I don't agree that LeBron owed Cleveland nothing. He owed his home town a modicum of decency, which he failed to show. Had he simply made his decision without turning this into a 3 ring circus, I doubt you get such a petty reaction from Gilbert or the masses.

If he had just made his choice the way every other free agent in the history of every professional sport before him made theirs, the debate would be more about whether he made the right basketball choice, as opposed to also debating his character flaws. No doubt that LeBron had every right to go play wherever he wanted to play. But it won't change the fact that he will forever be known as the superstar who couldn't beat em, so he joined em. Will it really be a crowing achievement if a manufactured all-star team wins an NBA championship? To me and many others, it will be expected. If it doesn't happen, the Heat didn't get what they paid for. You and the folks in Miami may never see it that way. But if LeBron doesn't win one there, make no mistake... it will be a major indictment. Would Jordan's legacy be the same if he had to team up with Barkley and Ewing to finally win championships? LeBron is new school. I just hope there are still enough mega-stars with old school mentalities, or the NBA will soon become a 4 team league.

Anyways, I find the Lebron situation to be quite repulsive, as well. I have lost all respect for not only James, but Wade and Bosh as well.

Why would you lose respect for 3 players that want to win multiple championships? That should be the goal of every player and every front office in the league. Props to Wade, LeBron, and Bosh for realizing what important unlike alot of players in the league.

Why would you lose respect for 3 players that want to win multiple championships? That should be the goal of every player and every front office in the league. Props to Wade, LeBron, and Bosh for realizing what important unlike alot of players in the league.

because true superstars put the team on their back and say we're going to win this thing. They don't run to where the other superstars are.

It did appear that he gave less than max effort in those games against the Celtics. Now news that he didnt return any message from the Cavs since the end of the season, as well as not informing them of his decision personally before going on air. Well...it doesnt speak too highly of him as a man, but he really is just a big kid, so we shouldnt expect much more. I heard some of the things that were being asked by his "team" during meetings with teams and they were pretty **** stupid. Several team execs said they were ****** they had wasted their time b/c the meetings were pointless and were for nothing more than media attention from Lebron, and that he knew all along where he was going. Same thing with D-Wade. He took a film crew around with him, are you kidding me? Hell some even speculate he was working closely with Pat Riley to "spy" and confuse teams about what his and Bosh's intentions were all along. Would not surprise me.

LECRAB goes to the best place for his family: the home of illegal Cuban immigrants, cocaine trafficking, public nudity, and all night parties?

That's hillarious!!

Dan Gilbert is a big time jerk for making that statement. New skool has a point...in 7 years the best cleveland did was get Shaq and Jamison to play with Lebron. That doesn't get the job done. Now Gilbert is going to spend? What money and on what players? That's such a classless move for an owner to do. Lebron brought them back to the public eye. Nobody watched Cavs games, they watched Lebron.

I bet none of the Cav players are upset at Lebron personally. In fact, had they spent more time practicing basketball instead of the side line skits, they may have made it deeper into the playoffs.

This article does a pretty good job of detailing what Gilbert and the Cavs did to make James and his posse happy.

Yeah, the NBA in the 1980s would have been so much better if Magic, Bird, and Isiah had simply joined forces, and in the 1990s if Jordan, Ewing, and Miller played on the same team.

King James and the Knights of the Roundball cometh... be afraid... be very..... afraid

No longer King James just LeBron...He can't be "King" playing in "Wade County"

LECRAB goes to the best place for his family: the home of illegal Cuban immigrants, cocaine trafficking, public nudity, and all night parties?

What's the problem with the last two? If anything, that's a great thing.

You know, I see where you're coming from, but where is everybody pulling this out of saying that Cleveland hasn't put a team around James? I'm sure that I could find multiple reports through scanning the archives, from before last season calling Cleveland the favorites to win it all. And the year before. Now everyone wants to blame the management? That's the shocker here. Danny Ferry prior to each season was basically heralded for bringing the new group around James. Isn't that the best a team's management can do? The whole world was predicting the Cavs/Lakers in the finals two years in a row. Was everybody else as horribly wrong as the Cavs front office? What else did people want, Ferry to bust out the old sneakers and get out there shooting threes? It really bothers me to see people saying that Cleveland Cavaliers failed Lebron the past few years, and not the other way around.